is the first kata in the series of Tekki or iron rider. In fact he would be the only one really from an ancient Kata known as Naifanchi ; due to the position Naifanchi Dachi which looks like Kiba Dachi.
2 others Tekki have been, it seems, created by Master Itosu like Heian et Master Funakoshi transformed the name of Katas Naifanchi en Tekki that we translate Iron Horseman.
Indeed the ideogram of Tekki represents iron and riding.
So if you are ready for your 1er riding class :-), I will introduce you Tekki Shodan : It's a kata working on a single side line as if you were on a beam. Due to the position Kiba Dachi, Tekki Shodan makes work your balance, your stability but will especially make you work the Hara.
Tekki Shodan, you are on a base:
Indeed, you must throughout the Kata consider your position as a base, a base and do not use your legs to "send" your techniques. Your position remains stable, like a base on which your trunk is placed. For each technique, the energy will have to leave the belly, the Hara, to be transmitted to the arms through the trunk by leaning on the hips.
It is a mistake to think that techniques start from hips and legs. This is actually a shortcut that is taken to explain the work of the hips to beginners, but the techniques never leave the hips or legs, but the Hara. Even in other positions and techniques like Gyakuzuki for example in ZenKutsu Dachi, the hips are not the origin of the movement, but it is the energy produced by the Hara which generates a movement of hips.
The energy does not start from the hips, but from the Hara!
So to do Tekki Shodanyou must keep a strong position (be careful, I did not say tense and tense!) and have to work all your techniques from your center, your belly. The hips do not move a lot and only vibrate.
Tekki Shodan: Detailed Description of Kata:
You should start remembering the names of the different techniques and familiarize yourself with them because you will soon need them for the passage of your black belt.
(I put aside the break time you have to do sometimes.)
- Musubi Dachi, Rei (hello), announces kata. (all without haste) (3s)
- Hachiji Dachi Yoi (3s)
Open hands (palms facing down) and gently bring your right hand underneath your left hand while you wave your right foot against your left hand. Heisoku-Dachi. (Attention, in the video I go directly from hi to Heisoku-dachi position without going through the Yoi position, it is a mistake, sorry)
- Turn your gaze and head to the right then slowly cross the left foot in front of the right foot down to your position. Your arms are still stretched in front of you.
- Continue moving Kosa-Ashi to the right by raising very high the right foot and finish in Kiba Dachi by striking Fumikomi Geri right while blocking Hashshu Uke right arm. (1s)
On the spot while staying well in kiba-dachi, you do Chudan Empi Uchi Left in your right palm
- Chaining by quickly turning your gaze to the left while pulling your fists at the right hip Koshi Kamae (Right fist in Ikite, left fist placed vertically on it) (1 / 2 s)
Always on the spot Kiba-Dachi, you do Gedan Barai left without arming the fist in the shoulder. The left fist goes directly from the right hip to its final position to the left. The right fist did not move and remains in Ikity.
- Very quickly you chained by Chudan Kagi Zuki of the right arm while bringing the left fist into Ikité. Your right arm should be positioned so that a drop of water resting on your shoulder would flow down to your wrist without falling down. I'll talk about it again on the video, you'll understand better, it's the position Mizu Nagare Kamae, that is to say " the position of flowing water »
Your Kiba Dachi should not move, the movements start from the belly and the energy comes to rely on your pelvis which serves as a base to transmit the energy to the ground. (1s)
- Gently you cross the right foot in front of the left foot to move to the left in Kosa Ashi. You go slowly, your eyes are always turned to the left and your arms have not changed position.
- You lift your left foot very high and finish your move in Kiba Dachi by striking Fumikomi Geri left while blocking UChi Uke right arm in front of you. Be careful, it is only when your knee is at maximum height, that you accelerate and not before. At this moment, your gaze turns forward and your right arm comes to the left belt to arm. You are in chains Uchi Uke et Fumikomi Geri simultaneously.
- On site keeping the position Kiba Dachi, you do at the same time, Gedan Bars of the right arm and Jodan Nagashi Uke left arm pulling the elbow well backwards.
- Chudan Ura Zuki left arm. The right fist is placed under the left elbow. Attention, Ura Zuki must have a rectilinear trajectory: From the Jodan Kamae position, you release the left arm and you let it fall, as soon as the fist arrives at the level of the hip, you send it forward in Ura Zuki ( Fist upside down, palm turned towards the sky) - Some make Uraken instead of Ura Zuki, it is a variant.
- Turn your gaze to the left and make Nami Gaeshi Left (Sweeping back of the foot): The pivot of the leg is at the knee, while trying to maintain the position of the rest of the body. The center of gravity remains in the same place.
- Moroté Uke from the left arm to the left. The right fist stays under the left elbow, palm toward the ground. (1s)
- Turn your eyes to the right and make Nami Gaeshi Right (Sweeping back of the foot) always maintaining the position of the rest of the body and the center of gravity in the same place.
- Soto Uke from the left arm to the right. The right fist always under the left elbow (1s)
- Bring your fists quickly to your right hip Koshi Kamae while looking to the left;
- Immediately chase Chudan Moroté Zuki to the left - KIAI (2s)You're just halfway through the Kata, now we're going to do exactly the same thing from 5 to 19 but in the other direction
- Arm slowly open hands, right arm pointing to the left and left arm to the waist,
- Block quickly Hashshu Uke left arm (1s)
- On the spot while staying well in kiba-dachi, you do Chudan Empi Uchi Right in your left palm
- Chaining by quickly turning your gaze to the right while pulling your fists at the left hip in Koshi Kamae (Left fist in Ikite, right fist placed on it vertically) (1 / 2 s)
- Always on the spot Kiba-Dachi, you do Gedan Barai right without arming the fist in the shoulder. The right fist goes directly from the left hip to its final position to the right. The left fist did not move and remains in Ikity.
- Very quickly chained by Chudan Kagi Zuki of the left arm while bringing the right fist in Ikité. (1s)
- Gently you cross the left foot in front of the right foot to move to the right in Kosa Ashi. You go slowly, your eyes are always turned to the right and your arms have not changed position.
- You lift your right foot very high and finish your trip in Kiba Dachi by striking Fumikomi Geri right while blocking UChi Uke left arm in front of you. as before, it is only when your knee is at maximum height, that you accelerate and that your gaze turns forward while your left arm comes to arm the right belt. Uchi Uke and Fumikomi Geri do simultaneously.
- On the spot keeping the position Kiba Dachi, you do at the same time, Gedan Bars left arm and Jodan Nagashi Uke right arm pulling the elbow well backwards.
- Chudan Ura Zuki right arm. The left fist is placed under the right elbow.
- Turn your eyes to the right and make Nami Gaeshi right always trying to keep the position of the rest of the body. The center of gravity remains in the same place.
- Moroté Uke right arm to the right. The left fist stays under the right elbow, palm towards the ground. (1s)
- Turn your gaze to the left and make Nami Gaeshi left still holding the position of the rest of the body and the center of gravity in the same place.
- Soto Uke from the right arm to the left. The left fist always under the left elbow (1s)
- Bring your fists quickly to your left hip Koshi Kamae while looking to the right
- Immediately chase Chudan Moroté Zuki to the right - KIAI (2s)
- Open hands and gently lower the right foot against the left foot into position Heisoku Dachi while bringing the hands back to the 3 time position, right hands under left hand palm turned to the ground. Keep the gaze and focus to the right as long as possible. In fact the head will follow the movement of the arms and the gaze will return forward only when the arms will also be forward. (2s)
- Returns Hachiji Dachi by spreading the right leg (3s)
- Returns Musubi Dachi (Bring each foot in half one after the other, half right, then half left.)
- Rei (Hi) (3s)
So much for the detailed and theoretical description of Tekki Shodanit's time now to practice.
I leave you warm, and put on your karategi and I find you on the video.
That's it, I hope this video of Tekki Shodan you have more, and I hope it will help you for the passage of your black belt.
Indeed, Tekki Shodan is after Heian the last Kata to know for the passage of the 1er dan. So now you have on Karate-Blog.net ™ almost all the cards in hand, at least for the Kata, to introduce you. It's your turn !
Now, tell me in a comment below what you thought of this course!
"How to succeed your grade passes"