The Pilates method for a brand new body, the title is promising:
Karate is a great method of fitness and body maintenance.
Besides, Master Funakoshi writes one day:
« The Karatedô not only learns to give blows, it is also a bulwark against the disease and aggressions »
But, karate is not always enough to itself, it has its shortcomings, especially when you start:
- It is sometimes a little too violent and would even tend if we neglect a little stretching and the return to calm to create muscle tension ...
- Sometimes karate is a little complicated and you would like not to take the lead and take care of you and your body without thinking (I do not hear there, no kata to learn ...), with exercises very soflty…
Well I'm not here to criticize karate, but admit that it is not always easy to stay relaxed in karate and progress if you do not do a little weight training and stretching.
In this case, I know what you need: Pilates method
Pilates method invented in New York in 1920 by a German, Joseph Pilates, is a scholar Yoga and Stretching Blend.
When I prepare my classes, I often take inspiration from the Pilates method to define my bodybuilding and stretching exercises at the beginning and end of the session because I find the same basic principles as in Karate :
- Concentration: As in karate, you have to make the connection between the body and the mind, to stay focused to do each exercise with precision.
- Control: The control in the movements is permanent. The slower and more controlled they are, the more you gain in strength. You have to put your conscience in the gestures to keep it in check.
- Center of gravity : The fundamental principle of Pilates is to work on deep muscles "in the heart of the body". This is what is called in modern development methods, the "Core Training" or kernel work.
- Breathing: The work of breathing in Pilates could seem contradictory to what we do in karate, because we do not breathe with the belly, but with the ribcage. But, I will explain in a future video that in both cases, it is always the diaphragm that is used to breathe.
- Fluidity: Each movement is in continuity with an identical speed in the concentric and eccentric contraction phases. This allows a balanced training.
- Accuracy: Very useful in karate, the precision is here also very important because for each movement it is necessary that the placement is right so that the exercise is fully effective.
- Sequence: By the sequences the Pilates method will allow to solicit the body as a whole and thus allow a harmonious development of it.
- Isolation: Isolation means the awareness of various muscle groups in isolation. Thanks to the Pilates methodyou will learn to know your body better and to master it.
Practice the Pilates method for a Karateka is not meaningless, quite the contrary.
Pilates method is used to improve strength, flexibility, coordination and posture, all we need in Karate.
By practicing the Pilates methodyou will improve the virtues your body needs to effectively perform karate techniques, whether:
- your defense techniques
- your punches
- your kicks
- your positions ...
But without even talking about Karate, the Pilates method significantly improves health by correcting posture, improving flexibility, coordination and eliminating stress ...
So if you wish take back possession of your body by strengthening your muscles and softening you with a deep work, gently while evacuating your stress, I advise you to try right now the Pilates method.
You can of course search Pilates classes near you, there are some everywhere.
But as I created this blog to allow to each of you to train at homeI searched for Pilates training videos for you on the internet and I discovered Pilates123.
For the price of a private Pilates sessionyou have access to 3 full courses in videos (which you can download from your home!)
- 1 video: Basic training
for novices and people with back pain
- 2 video: Special Abdominal Training
to strengthen your Hara!
- 3 video: Advanced Training
Active training for those who want even more
With the addition of Practical Reference Guide :
« Learn Pilates by yourself With 172 illustrated pages
et Bonus, 4 hours of relaxing music to download to your PC.
With more money back guarantee to 100%you do not take any risk during 60 days.
That's it, I hope that work with the Pilates method you will like it and that this method will allow you to advance your Karate.
Tell me what you think about it in a comment below.
See you soon,
PS: You should know that if you go through one of the links above to buy Pilates, I will earn a commission, without it costing you more. Thank you in advance!
"How to succeed your grade passes"