With Heian Yodan, we continue the educational climb with this time of multiple kicks. Contrary to Heian Sandan who did not have one, there is in Heian Yodan : 2 Yoko Geri 2015. Mae Geri and even a knee (Hiza Geri).
More Heian Yodanis more than a kata of kicks. In fact I think it's one of the most complete Kata, because it includes, a bit of everything, two-armed defense techniques, open-hand techniques, direct, indirect techniques, fast times, slow times ...
Master Itosu, Creating Heian Yodan, according to jion et Kanku Dai, wanted to put a little all the techniques, I think. A little as if at this stage one had to be able to hit or defend in all directions as well with the arms as the legs.
In fact with Heian Sandan, we learned to anchor our ground positions, we go with Heian Yodan learn to use this connection to do all kinds of arm and leg techniques, and sometimes even both at the same time.
In short, I find Heian Yodan very complete and personally it is, among the Heian, my favorite kata. This is also the one I had presented in 95 (last century :-() during my stay in black belt.
Decomposition of Kata:
Now you should be green or blue belt and if you do not have to remember all the names at the beginning, you will have to think about memorizing them more and more. This is also part of learning the Kata and you will need it when passing your black belt (in 2 or 3 years 😉)
(I put aside the break time you have to do sometimes.)
- Musubi Dachi, Rei (hello), announcement of the kata. (always without haste) (3s)
- Hachiji Dachi Yoi (3s) (take your time)
- Kokutsu Dachi left, Jodan Haishu Uke left + Jodan Yoko Gamae right hand. It's the same Jodan Morote Haïwan Uke, the 1 time ofHeian Nidan, except that the hands are open and that here the movement is slowly breathing (about 3 seconds). You must lock your position when your hands finish their technique. Be careful, do not make the mistake I make on the video, you have to pivot your back foot so that it is aligned with your knee at 90 ° relative to the front foot.
- Pivot at 180 ° on site, Kokutsu Dachi law. The arms stay backwards: they fall on the spot at the moment of the pivot and are thus behind. This time is fast and is directly linked with the following time, there is no stop time.
- On the spot, the same technique as 3 time, but right, always slowly exhaling with abdominal contraction. Even if the movement is slow, you must lock your position by pulling the left hip to the back and making a slight retroversion of the pelvis at the moment of impact. Attention on the video, I tend not to pull my arm enough backwards because of tendonitis to the shoulders. But you, you must have the arms that form a rectangle as in Heian Nidan.
- You turn on your left by a quick rotation of the hips and come in Zenkutsu Dachi left + Gedan Juji Uke. The right arm is on the left arm, and the fists are vertical (Tate). Be careful, during the pivot, the arms stay back as long as possible. They do not come in front as they sometimes see, they stay on the side. In fact the technique must be as direct as possible. The bottom of the body pivots then, this rotation spreads in a spiral rising to the shoulders which send the arms from the back to the front and from the top to the bottom. (1s)
- Advancing, Kokutsu Dachi right, Chudan Morote Uchi Uke. Remember that your arms must be one and therefore have the same trajectory together forwards (and not 1 in front and the other on the side.) (1s)
- You come on the front foot in position Tsuruashi Dachi. It is a waiting position on one foot, with the left knee raised in preparation for Yoko Geri. The fists are positioned at the right hip in Koshi Kamae (Right fist in Ikity, left fist placed on it vertically). Some experts do this intermediate time slowly and in decontaction. Personally, I do it rather quickly and I link directly to the 9 time.
- Yoko Geri Keage left + Jodan Uraken Uchi left. I did not specify the height of the Yoko geri voluntarily. Indeed, it should normally be Jodan, but as 80% of Karateka (it's a purely invented figure but which must not be far from the truth :-)) can not ... the level chudan suffice.
- Zenkutsu Dachi left, Chudan Gyaku Mae Empi Uchi law. The left arm remains tense, open hand, after Uraken (as if we wanted to grab his opponent) and we hit in the left hand with the right elbow. Warning, it is very important not to fall in front after the Yoko Geri. You have to bring your leg back down and back down the hip, then by a rotational movement that starts from the right hip, pivot on the right heel to strongly engage the right hip in Empi. A bit like for a Gyaku Tsuki. But we must not fall into the opposite excess and go back after the Yoko Geri ; No, the pelvis does not move back, it goes back flat and then rotates forward. (1s)
- You bring your left foot back to 90 ° under your center of gravity while turning the body of 90 ° to the right. The fists are positioned in Koshi Kamae at the left hip.
- Yoko Geri Keage right + Jodan Uraken Uchi law. Same as 9 time
- Zenkutsu Dachi law, Chudan Gyaku Mae Empi Uchi left. Same as 10 time (1s)
- to 90 ° on your left, do Shuto Gedan Barai left and raise the right arm, open hand in preparation at the forehead, elbow to the back. This time is an intermediate passage directly related to the next time.
- Swing hips quickly to the left and turning on places on the heels making Jodan Shuto Uchi right and Jodan Uke left. You finish in Zenkutsu Dachi left with the right hip strongly engaged.
- Jodan Mae Geri right by keeping your arms in the same position. Then you bring your foot back and keep your knee up and you push hard on your left leg to take a leap forward. At the same time, the left hand falls in front of you in protection palm down to the ground by pressing Oase Uke, and the right fist rolls back in preparation for Uraken Otoshi.
- Kosa Dachi law, Uraken Otoshi Uchi law. This is the end of the previous movement. You finish on the right leg in Kosa Dachi doing Uraken Otoshi Uchi with the idea of falling. Be careful not to dampen all the power of Uraken Otoshi by bending your legs as if they were shock absorbers. On the contrary, at the moment of impact and Kime, the position must stabilize on a strong leg so that the technique can rely on a base very directly connected to the ground. - KIAI (3s)
- ... The sequel another time
So we arrived halfway through the Kata and as you will have noticed, there is already a lot of work. We will stop there for now.
You already have plenty to train you: The video is already almost 30 minutes. Now go to training.
So I let you put on your Kimono and do some warm-ups thanks to the Warm Up ABC you can download by clicking here, and I find you on the video.
That's it I hope this first part ofHeian Yodan you have more.
If that is the case, send me a comment and share with your friends.
See you soon (for the second part :-))
"How to succeed your grade passes"