Sunday night, the men's French team finishes the competition by winning the team gold medal against Turkey with a masterful fight by Mathieu Cossou.
This is the 7e gold medal won by France on the 16 distributed at the 2012 Karate World Championships.
French karate dominated the competition by winning 13 medals including 7 in gold.
Paris Bercy under tricolor vibrations:
The boys did not despair with 2 title of world champion, the team and that of the new icon of French Karate, Kenji Grillon in -84kg
In kata, France also shone with the two silver medalists from Sandy Scordo and Minh Dack and the two bronze medals of the women's and men's teams.
The Palais Omnisports of Paris Bercy was a perfect opportunity for our tricolor athletes to show their talent in front of their public.
They dreamed it, they did it.
Results of the France team at the 2012 Worlds:
The medalists are:
- Alexandra Recchia (-50kg) - Gold medals
- Lucie Ignace (-55kg) - Gold medals
- Lolita Dona (-61kg) - Gold medal
- Tiffany Fanjat (-68kg) - Bronze medal
- Nadège Ait Ibrahim (+ 68kg) - Gold medal
- Female team fight: Alexandra Recchia / Dona Lolita / Tiffany Fanjat / Emily Thouy - Gold medal
Male athletes fighting
- William Rolle (-67kg) - Bronze medal
- Kenji Cricket (-84kg) - Gold medal
- Men's Wrestling Team: Kenji Grillon / Nadir Benaissa / Mathieu Cossou / Salim Bendiab / Azdin Rghioui / Logan Da Costa / Ibrahim Gary - Gold medal
- Sandy Scordo - Silver medal
- Minh Dack - Silver medal
Team Kata Athletes
- Women's kata team: Clotilde Boulanger / Sonia Fiuza / Jessica Hugues - Bronze medal
- Men's Kata Team: Jonathan Plagnol / Jonathan Maruani / Romain Lacoste - Bronze medal
Congratulations to the French team and congratulations to the organizers of the competition who showed that Karate too was able to fill Paris Bercy and make it vibrate for 4 days.
A big thank you for these moments of happiness.
PS: Relive the highlights of the 2012 Karate World Championships in Paris Bercy
And do not forget to leave your comments below!
"How to succeed your grade passes"